Sunday 20 March 2011

More Gig photos

I have been continuing to do some gig photography. This was taken at Nambucca, a music venue in Islington, North London. The guitarist is Chris Carter, from the band 'Waiting for Katherine'.
This image, as with the others from the set on Flickr were taken using an old Sigma short zoom I bought second and was not designed for digital SLR's, so to make it work I have had to put masking tape across the sensors. The lens has some chromatic problems in normal light, but seems to be ok in low light situations. I am pleased with the results, and feel I have improved somewhat from my earlier attempts. I am saving for a Canon 17-55 f2.8, so hopefully if my camera can be repaired, this purchase will not be too far off. If i need a new body then it will take a good while longer, and the Sigma will need to hang onto its masking tape for a while.

No comments: