Monday 30 April 2012

Punktastic

Rock on!Rocker Lighting setup

The Brickman Set, a set on Flickr.

It's sunday, and it is raining. It's raining very hard, and showing no signs of stopping. The kids are playing, and my wife is enjoying her Ipad. What's a man to do? Well if you are fortunate to have a spare room to store all those boys toys that need to be kept from the offspring, and their sticky clutches, then you retreat for an hour or so to do some serious man stuff. My room is lovingly called 'The Man Cave' and the serious man stuff in this incident is playing with lego people!

I recently had cause to visit out local Poundworld shop which you can guess from the title is somewhere where all the items are one pound sterling or less. No I should be banned from these shops as I tend to pick up a lot of crap that might come in handy one day. One this recent visit I picked up something that came in very handy on this very rainy day. Two little LED reading lights, designed to clip on to a book to read at night. What better to light a minature model, than to have minature continuous lighting. I really like the results, and hope to have another session, however the little legoman in the picture is getting a bit big for his boots, and won't get out of his toybox for less than 20 pence an hour, so I might have to look for the next big, erm small thing in super or mini models.

No comments: