Thursday 23 January 2014

Oh No! Not another 365 project?

1 of many possibly even 3652 of 3653 of 3654 of 3655 of 365 Tequila Mockingbird6 of 365 Rather Shabby effort
7 of 3658 of 3659 of 36510 of 36511 of 36512 of 365 Three Miles Later
13 of 36514 0f 365 scream15 of 36516 of 365 plenty of lightbulbs not many ideas17 of 36518 of 365 Livin next door to Alice
19 of 36520 of 36521 of 365

So against all my previous reservations I have decided to do one of those blasted 365 projects. Now let's just say to begin with. I haven't stuck with it. There have been a occasions even at this early stage where I have missed a day. This is usually because, well to be honest and truthful, I've been too tired to fight my laziness, and inertia to do one. I have, in my defence caught up the next day. Why am I doing it? Because it's there! Also I tend to need a goal to aim for, or a framework to adhere to. I want to do more photography. I see this is a way of feeding that hunger. Whilst I have not set a formal theme for this project, I do seem to have fallen into doing selfies. This is a rather dubious term that I always find hints at intimate self indulgence. Well perhaps self portraits fit that description. As with a lot of creative endeavors some days are easier than others for coming up with ideas, and then executing them. Some start with just a germ of an idea that may or not work such as the tequila bottle one, and others turn out pretty much as envisiaged, like the Alice Cooper homage. Some are obviously just straight forward, some reflect a mood for the day. I hope to keep it up for the whole year, although I'm sure people will get fed up with seeing my fizzog by about 31st Jan, I know I will! Here's to a year of exploring what I can do with my image. I welcome comments, critiques, ideas etc here and on my flickr stream. Don't worry, it'll soon be Christmas!

2 comments:

MF said...

an idea that popped into my head. A black and white profile silhouette, nose to nose, creating the classic 'is it a vase or 2 faces' optical illusion.

RJ said...

Do it, do it do it Mrs Fink!! Also do one with you and Mr Fink nose to nose. I look forward to seeing your creations!!!