Monday 28 May 2012

Good Weekend

It’s been a great photography weekend for me.  Friday night I decided to do a bit of humorous still life.  A little while ago my wife had been rather enthusiastic with an old hammer, and now it was in two pieces.  Rather that throw it I squirreled it away mumbling something about it being useful one day.  Jane was out for the night.  I flash of inspiration hit me and I spent a few happy hours creating a themed image of how I thought she might feel in the morning.  It is a little over exposed, and the masking is a little amateurish, but I feel it is a fun picture.

Smashing

Saturday saw me crawling, lying, crouching and tiptoeing around the garden looking for minibeasts so I could invade their privacy with my macro lens.  There wasn’t a great deal about, however you can always rely on ants and spiders to make an appearance.

Cutie

Sunday I was compelled to go on bug safari in the wild.  Well oh in the actual countryside rather than my garden.  Again there were many spiders, and not much else in the heat, but these two amorous bugs caught my eye.

Playing Leapbug 

In the afternoon, I just had to watch the bees buzzing in and out of the birdhouse.

Home

And what finer way to round off the weekend than to put the younger kids to bed, leave the older ones in charge, then head off to the park to regress for half an hour.

Jumping Jane

All in all a great weekend.  Hope yours was too :)

Blogger Labels: Sign,Twitter,Windows,Internet,Explorer,photography,life,wife,Rather,Jane,inspiration,hours,privacy,macro,appearance,safari,countryside,Again,park,hour,Hope,spiders

No comments: