Friday 9 May 2014

Catch up

129 of 365

So I haven’t added much here lately.  I have been mainly focusing on my 365 project.  Things I have learnt.

1) A tripod is a very useful and important tool.  I was fortunate to recieve a lovely Benro model from Jane for my birthday.  It is much lighter, and easier to use than my previous one which I think was built from leftover from building the Forth Bridge.  The new one is easy to use, and has a handy carry case.   It is so great I have taken it to work with me nearly every day since I got it.  Consequently there are many more outdoor photos in my project.

2) I am not great at studio lighting.  I don’t like umbrellas for light modifiers, and if I could justify it I would buy some more softboxes.  Unfortunately this would mean buying new strobes too.  Much as I’d love a super new setup I just can’t spend that sort of cash on a hobby until the current ones die.

3) I like getting into character, dressing up, and painting my face.

Aside from this project I have done a couple of other things.  I was lucky enough to get tickets to a secret gig by Chrissie Hynde prior to the launch of her solo album.  Although the promoters didn’t want me to photograph her I did shoot the support bands.  Sadly my camera seemed to operate itself in the crush of the crown, and take several photos of Chrissie Hynde’s groin.  Although this one was more appropriate.

Chrissie Hynde

I have even got off my arse, and got out on a photo walk one sunny sunday morning.  I haven’t done this for ages, so it was a refreshing change.  Nothing too stunning, but it’s always good to get out and about.

walk - chestnutwalk - gladewalk - ploughwalk - darkwalk - vistawalk - maskwalk - featherswalk - daffwalk - foundwalk - vestwalk - reflectionwalk - yellowwalk - sleeping bagwalk - signwalk - shadow fingers

No comments: