Monday 19 May 2014

Out in the fields…

I like where we live and work.  It's not too rural so you have to drive a long way to get to civilisation, and yet close enough to the country side that you can get out and about away from the built up suburbs in a few minutes.  Since I got my new tripod for my birthday this year I have been out every lunch time bar a very few times, getting fresh air, and looking for opportunities to get my camera out.  Sometimes I come back with nothing, sometimes the results are a bit questionable, but the important thing is that I enjoy it.  It excites me, and I think that if your hobby's and interests still do that then it's all worth while.

136 of 365

Today I really needed to catch up on the self portrait project so headed out to the fields near my place of work.  As it was warm and the sun was still making an appearance it was refreshing not to have to wear a coat.  I decided on a straight, everyday portrait rather than one of my more wacky pieces.  I put the on camera flash on, and hoped for some catch lights in my eyes, and an even light over my face.  It's not the best portrait in the world of course, but it kind of reflects me, and my easy going, laid back demeanour.

No comments: