Thursday 7 July 2016

Let's revive this blog


Well that was a long break.  I did go to another blog site for a while, but I like this one better so I'm back.  So this is not a photo, but it is a screenshot which is technically a picture.  I learnt a bit about databases way back when I was at polytechnic.  I have, of course, forgotten most of what I learned at the time, which wasn't much.  I have vague recollections of trying to stay awake whilst some lecturer or other tried in vain to make normalising data structures both comprehensible, and interesting.  Not to worry I surmised, when would I ever use this stuff anyway?  As it turns out I could do with a little of that knowledge now.  I have landed myself with a few web based projects which inevitably require a database behind them.  I'm not thrilled about it, and I hate doing web interfaces at the best of times (potential future employers ignore that bit).

No comments: